It's been a busy start to 2023 for the Women of Christ Church. Most recently, at the start of April - Women's History Month - we took a trip to the Harriet Tubman Museum in Cambridge, Maryland.
In mid-March, the WOCC delivered snacks, clothes, and personal care items to Springfield Hospital. We have been supporting Springfield Hospital residents for over 60 years, and always continue to answer their calls for assistance. Accepting the donations is Manisha Patel, of Volunteer Services.
Thanks to everyone who joined us for our March labyrinth walk at St. John's. You can read our recap below:
Last fall, the WOCC organized a labyrinth walk, and this past Saturday, several women gathered at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Ellicott City this past Saturday to enjoy a guided walk. Beverly Polk guided us with prayers and poetry to help us in meditation - one of the readings began “Blow, wind of God…,” which was very appropriate for the windy morning we had! Many thanks to Beverly for leading us in this walk, and thanks also to Cindy Read for organizing it.
You can also experience the meditative elements of a labyrinth in the comfort of your home with a finger labyrinth. Beverly also provided us with materials so that you can try this yourself (click to enlarge and download):
Be sure to save the dates for upcoming events:
• Saturday, April 1st at 10 a.m. - A guided tour of the Harriet Tubman Cultural Center, in celebration of Women's History Month.
• Monday, April 3rd at 1:00 p.m.- April WOCC meeting in New Brick and on Zoom. Email us at WOCC@christchurchcolumbia.org for the Zoom details.
• Friday, April 7th at 12 noon - A Stations of the Cross labyrinth walk at St. Johns on Good Friday.
• Saturday, April 15th at 12 noon - Robinson Center Nature Walk.
• Saturday, April 29th, from 3-5 p.m. - Card-making with Emily; $10 for materials; Need money and numbers by April 23rd (pay by Realm or check/ cash in Narthex; write memo as “WOCC Cards w/Emily”).
• Saturday, May 6th, 12 noon – The May Tea at Sweet Simplici-Tea; $32 for formal lunch & tea; need money and numbers by April 23rd (pay by Realm or check/cash in Narthex; write memo as “WOCC May Tea”).
The WOCC calendar is posted in the Narthex in New Brick and on our website and contains all the fun events planned for this year. We have planned as many events as we could schedule on Saturdays so that more women can attend who are not able to come on weekdays. Come and join us for these events, and speak to any WOCC member or email us at WOCC@christchurchcolumbia.org if you have any questions.